Welcome to the Klax Schule
Thank you for your interest in our school. Unfortunately, due to the current Corona situation, we are not able to offer an open day. Therefore, we have compiled the most important information digitally for you:
Are you curious? We will be happy to answer your questions at our digital info evenings. Please register for one of the following dates by e-mail:
We are looking forward to meeting you!
Our school introduces itself
International School Community, Grades 1-13
Focus on Art & Digital
450 Students in total in small learning groups
Project-Based & Self-Organised Learning
Modern Gym and a Basketball court above the roofs of Pankow!
- Community school: core teaching hours from 8 am to 3 pm, followed by an afternoon program ("club line"). Childcare available from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (depending on after-school care voucher). After-school care is mandatory for all students in Grades 1 through 4. For the elementary and middle schools, attendance until 4 p.m. two days a week.
- Broadband Internet and area-wide WLAN, digitally competent teachers, MS Teams (EDU) as learning platform. Work with laptops and tablets in class and from home possible.
- Self-organised and project-based learning
- Three communal meals per day (certified organic; also vegetarian and vegan, special diet possible), drinks and fruit freely available
- Attractive afternoon program ("club line"), two clubs per week are possible per student
- If necessary, supportive measures by a school psychologist and a remedial teacher
Our Elementary School
- Approximately 170 children in two learning families (grades 1-3 and 4-6)
- English from grade 1 for all, bilingual branch German/English
- Englisch ab Klasse 1 für alle, bilingualer Zweig Deutsch/Englisch
- In addition to art classes: Maker and Coding
- Teach Teams: One teacher and one educational specialist work together in each class
Our middle school
- Two classes in grades 7 to 10, German/English bilingual branch
- Class size: 24 to 27 students
- Foreign languages: 1st English, 2nd French, Spanish or Latin
- Electives: Art, theatre, music, maker/design (annual change possible until grade 10)
- Familiarization trip to the Berlin area in grade 7, art trips in grades 8, 9, 10
- Career counselling & internship
Our Upper School
- Comprises grades 11, 12, and 13, each with about 25 students.
- Advanced courses in many subjects, cooperation with other schools for more choice
- Learning studio with personal workspace for all students in the upper school
- Makerspace, podcast room and film studio
- Annual art trips, also abroad
- Ideal preparation for careers in the creative or digital industries
- Annual science day with student advisory service